Kenneth Anthony Giuffre MD
Dopadoc aka. MDMDLLC,
A Nonprofit Corporation Devoted to Education of the Lay Public in Issues of Medical, Neurologic and Brain-optimization.
Offices at:
7150 Buhr St.
Detroit, MI 48212

Sunday 7 October 2012

Medical School: What is the single most important or useful journal for medical students to read?

On Quora:
There's a single weekly article that I've read now almost religiously for the last 30 years and I can say that because of it, even though I no longer actively practice clinical medicine:
1. I am up on the current lingo
2. I am up on current modes of diagnosis and at least aware of many current treatment modalities for many illnesses. Impress your friends...lol...truly, my friends still in practice always comment on my level of current knowledge despite not having been an active clinician since 2001.
3. Unlike dry academic articles for me, a writer, it's a fun medical mystery that I look forward to each week:
NEJM: Case Records of the Massachusetts General Hospital,their weekly CPC (clinical pathological conference)...and it's for free online without a subscription.
The New England Journal of Medicine